Working SMART For A Better Chicago.
Sheet metal workers are masters of their craft, performing some of the most varied work in the industry. They specialize in everything from fabrication and installation to maintenance, testing and balancing. Through the Local Union 73 apprenticeship program, you’ll join an elite group of sheet metal workers and start earning a great salary and benefits — with no student debt!
Did you know … ?
The average Class of 2016 graduate owes more than $37,000 in student loan debt. But according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, sheet metal workers average a salary of more than $45,000 annually, plus benefits — without any college expenses!
- Applicant must be at least 17 years or older
- Must pass a drug test and physical examination upon notification
- Must successfully complete an aptitude test
- Must be able to maintain a minimum 75% grade point average while attending school
Documentation and Fees
- Valid driver’s license or photo identification
- Copy of high school diploma, GED certificate or equivalent
- Certified birth certificate – NO COPIES are accepted
- Copy of military transfer or discharge forms DD214, if applicable
Note: A $20 non-refundable registration fee (cash or money order) is required at the time of application to offset administrative fees. Applicant is also required to pay for their physical examination.